A Safer Retirement and Environment – What We’re Implementing to Help Keep You Safe: READ MORE

Here at Chadmere Capital Inurance and Financial Services, we are adhering to state and local guidelines in order to protect both the health and safety of clients and staff. Keeping our clients and staff safe is our highest priority and we’re taking all appropriate measures to ensure a safe environment. Should you prefer to not meet face-to-face, we are continuing to serve our clients through virtual settings such as Zoom or phone calls.

We look forward to continuing to help individuals and families achieve their ideal retirements.

Chademere Capital Insurance and Financial Services
(803) 242-1050




I am retired and have done a Roth in plan rollover within my work 401K. Am I able to do a Roth rollover within a Fidelity IRA to a Fidelity Roth IRA?

Is there a rule that limits the number of Roth IRA Rollovers you can do in a year or period of time?




There is no limit on the number of Roth conversions that can be done in one tax year. There is also no limit on the amount that you convert in any one tax year. Just keep in mind that conversions are no longer reversible.

Any pre-tax amounts that you convert to a Roth account in 2018, whether the funds are from your employer plan or your IRA, will be included in your taxable income for 2018. You may need to make estimated tax payments to avoid any underpayment penalties; you will have to come up with the any shortfall by April 15, 2019.


Can someone who is 70 1/2 contribute to a Roth IRA? They are not employed and the only funds they receive are from RMDs, investments, and social security.

If they can start a ROTH IRA are there any limitations in amounts or any other limitations?

Thank you,



While an individual cannot make IRA contributions beginning in the year they turn 70 ½, they can still make Roth contributions if they have earned income and are under the Roth income limits.

Unfortunately, retirement payments, Social Security, and investment income are not considered earned income. Generally, W-2 income and self-employment income is what is needed in order to make IRA or Roth IRA contributions.

Ready To Take



For more information about any of our products and services, schedule a meeting today.

Or give us a call at (803) 242-1050

Investment advisory services offered through Foundations Investment Advisors, LLC (“Foundations”), an SEC registered investment adviser. Nothing on this website constitutes investment, legal or tax advice, nor that any performance data or any recommendation that any particular security, portfolio of securities, transaction, investment or planning strategy is suitable for any specific person. Personal investment advice can only be rendered after the engagement of Foundations, execution of required documentation, and receipt of required disclosures. Investments in securities involve the risk of loss. Any past performance is no guarantee of future results. Advisory services are only offered to clients or prospective clients where Foundations and its advisors are properly licensed or exempted. For more information, please go to https://adviserinfo.sec.gov and search by our firm name or by our CRD #175083.

 ADV Part 2A & Form CRS              Privacy Policy